Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Girlfriend Transfer?

A few weeks ago my roommate’s girlfriend came up to Knoxville to stay for a couple days. Although in my recent entries I have talked a lot about how much I can not stand the girl, for some reason she acted somewhat nice over the course of the weekend. My birthday had been the Thursday before, but we were not having the actual party for it until Saturday night. Even though I would have expected my roommate to come to the party whether or not his girlfriend was in town, they both showed up and ended up having a really good time. In no way does this mean that I approve of her dating my roommate, but it was not extremely miserable having her around. She stayed from Friday to Sunday and then left to go back home, which was quite unusual since she would usually stay until Monday or Tuesday. The weekend turned out to be a complete success even though she was there.

Monday rolled around and it was time to go to class. I had a pretty average day with classes and came home to grab a bite to eat. My roommate and I somehow started talking about the weekend and how much fun it had been. My roommate got off on to talking about his girlfriend and how she was transferring from Memphis to UT Knoxville for fall classes. I immediately changed subjects because I did not want my pretty good day being ruined. For some reason, though, that is all I could think about for the rest of the day. Did my roommate not understand that now he was going to have absolutely no time to spend with friends? Now don’t get me wrong, I love the fact that this meant he wasn’t going to have to Skype his girlfriend anymore or spend hours talking on the phone with her, but now she is going to be what all of his time is devoted towards. Hopefully she will end up changing her mind and staying at Memphis.

No comments:

Post a Comment