Thursday, March 4, 2010

Happy Valentine's Month

As almost everyone knows, Valentine's Day takes place on February 14th and is a time meant for love and being with the one you care about. Why there is only one day out of the whole year to set aside for your significant other is beyond me, but that's beside the point. A few days before the Valentine's Day weekend my roommate notified me that his girlfriend would be coming to stay over. Obviously if I can't stand the things that my roommate does with his girlfriend when she is six hours away, how am I supposed to control myself when she is residing in my apartment? The smartest decision I could come up with was to drive home for the weekend and come back around the time she was meant to be leaving. Although driving back home meant six hours in the car, it was well worth it to get away from the inevitable nightmare.

I arrived back home late Sunday night to notice that the woman was still in my place of residence. I resolved to take a shower and go to bed so that I could contain the anger that was stored in my body. Luckily, I returned home to an empty apartment Monday after classes. Shortly thereafter my roommate walked in the door female free, and I assumed the dilemma was over with. The funny thing about the situation was that his girlfriend had left her mark all over the apartment. There were chocolates and Valentine's cards and love notes and little gifts all over the place. And the thing about my roommate is that when he falls for a girl, he can't get rid of anything that he receives from that girl. I let the useless junk lie around for multiple weeks only to observe that the reminders of her made me madder with each coming day. Therefore, I resolved the problem by gathering anything that reminded me of her and throwing it under my roommate's bed. Although he was not happy about my actions, I could not have been happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment